Thursday, June 25, 2009

Racers Ready? On your mark, get set, GO!!!!

My race day is here. We leave for Sunriver today!
I'm starting to get a wee bit nervous.
My doctor has suggested that I skip the race and stay out of the sun. Ummmm, NO! I've been building up to this thing since I registered in March. I found SPF 85 and a hat. I'm equipped to have my Sunday "stroll" then I'll stay out of the sun.
Lance is being "trained" how to be my wound~packing~nurse for our trip. I have to repack this thing everyday for the next two weeks. Then (if not healed) I will have to have a surgery to open the wound deeper and really make sure all the yuck is out. I'm prayin' for the healing... hence why I am letting my non medically trained husband learn how to do this so I can be healed with in the two weeks.
So on Sunday send out a motivational vibe into the universe for me...
I'll be sure to check my vibes first thing Sunday morning before the race.
I'll tuck them into my shoes and you all can come along with me... Here we go...

4 comments:

Mom of 2 in the Couve said...

Good Luck!! Not just for the race but medically too.

Rachel said...

So... are you putting yourself medically in danger?

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Take care of yourself too!

marianne walker said...

we're here for you! go good vibes