Sunday, July 12, 2009

Surgery, oh shoot!

Tuesday is my surgery consult. *sigh*
Two rounds of heavy doses of antibiotics, didn't work.
Cutting out the original "mass", didn't work.
Packing open wound for two weeks with nu-gauze everyday
(thanks Lance and Lauri), didn't work.
Now I'm off to see the surgeon.
The plan is to basically open my left armpit wide open and "clean out" the crud and hope and pray that it doesn't return.
Surgeon, located at a surgery CENTER,
can't do the procedure there.
Oh no...
Has to go across the street and use the operating room at the HOSPITAL. Not just any hospital... the brand new (we-are-trying-to-recoup-our-huge-investment-so-our-prices-are-outrageous) hospital.
Grrrrr.... that means yet another bill for us. (yippee)
I am trying to convince them to just give me a local.
(keep me awake)
I don't feel 'normal' pain. This will save me having a huge anesthesiologist bill...
BUT I do not know if they will go for this or not.
We shall see....
My Lancing is coming with me.
I was planning on going alone and then he said,
"Ummmm, you're discussing SURGERY, I'm comin'. "
So, we're off to see the wizard... er the surgeon.
Maybe I can use the O.R. to the best of my abilities...
I'd like to have a nip/tuck, chin reduction,
foot reduction ~
get my money out of using that place.
I know... I can dream, right?!?

4 comments:

The Hojnackes said...

I know what you mean about the overpriced hospital! sorry you have to go through all this.

Anonymous said...

I tried to convince my doc to do a nip tuck when I had my c section. She didn't though.
I am sorry you hae to go through this. My prayers are with ya.

Kirsten said...

What a bummer, I am so sorry you are having to go thrugh with all of this. LOL about the reductions, a girl can dream : ) And way to go Lance for coming with you : )

rachel said...

What's the news lately? Has it all been taken care of? Hope so, for your sake. :)