Friday, September 23, 2011

Presenting the new Mayor!

The Tank came home from school earlier this week all excited about running for "mayor".



He then went on to explain that in his second grade classroom there are four 'tables'... groups of desks that are clustered together. Each table would be voting for a mayor. He wanted to be the mayor.



So he wanted to write a speech... here it is...



"I, (TANK), want to run for mayor because I know I will be nice to my town.



I will encourage clean and tidy desks.



I will help my town be safe respectful learners.



If you want a great town, vote for (TANK) as your Mayor."



*'safe respectful learners' is a school wide theme they have at his elementary school






Not too shabby eh? He practised on all of us and went to school and WON!



Now he and the three other mayors in his class are running against each other to be the governor of their class. The winner will then go up against the other second grade classroom governors. The second grade will vote for which governor they want to serve as their president.



When he was preparing his mayoral speech, I asked if he would be happy being a mayor.



His reply, "NO! I want to be the President!"



Rock on Mr. Tank!



Good luck in your race for the governor position.



He has to give that speech next week.



We are very proud of the Tank wanting to take on leadership roles...



Election 2048 ~ Tank for President?!?



Maybe....

2 comments:

Swanson Family said...

Congrats Tank! And good luck on becoming President!

LeaAnne said...

great post! Love that little political man! :)