Being sealed in the Portland Temple
June 21st...
Okay, so I haven't been very 'vocal' on our blog about ADOPTION and I wasn't sure if I wanted to be... but, we are fans of adoption and that is how we have gotten three of our four ducklings. We are open to adoption in the future as well. Just not the way we have done it so far. We were foster parents to our little ducklings and then they became adoptable and we petitioned for the honor to be their forever family. It has worked three times. BUT, we had two babies taken from our family over the years too. One was taken after a lengthy stay and after it was 'appearing' as if she were going to be ours for forever. She was our last baby that we excepted through the foster system. Now, our little family will be looking into adoption through other means.
To be blessed with these three little ducklings is beyond amazing. Fan-C thinks that going to the temple for sealings is a 'normal' family activity. We have started to be vocal to our children about adoption and where they have come from and how and when. They are still really young, but as they grow, we will give them more info.
Growing up I always wanted TEN kids (I was completely insane!) and I would get married and just start 'pumping' them out. Lance and I soon discovered that this just wasn't going to work out exactly as planned. Our sister-in-law gave us the idea of fostering through the state and then being available to adopt the children. We jumped right in and soon had our Tank. Four months later, Fan-C joined our pond. Then the Tank's bio-parents had another baby and we were approached to see if we would adopt her as well. So, now we have three children and in two weeks the last will finally be sealed to us.
So, for those who are considering adoption....
Come On In, The Water is Fine!

7 comments:
Yippee!!! Congratulations!! We are so excited to see you on the 21st!
That is so exciting! You have an adorable family - its so great that you can give these beautiful kids such a loving forever home. I think its GREAT that Fan-C thinks temple sealings are normal family event. Congrats!
yahoooooo FOR A GREAT FAMILY! We are so very excited for it all to be done! You are great parents!
congrats congrats congrats! We are so very happy for your family!
How very blessed she si to have you as parents, together here, but also forever.
Awesome! Yay for adoptioN!
Hooray!!! Congratulations!!! I can only imagine how happy and excited you must be. What a neat family you have made together.
We are so excited for you. My happiest day was when Carter was sealed to us. Second was when I was sealed to my parents June 22nd last year. We'll be thinking of you. Congrats!! Mikell (Scott & Carter)
Post a Comment