Monday, December 7, 2009

A tree... TBA


Here's our tree! Isn't it grand.
We did put up a 9 foot prelit tree that I bought for a steal at the after Christmas Target sale. While still plugging it in and trying to fan out the limbs... the stand broke. Yep, good times. Back into the box it went and now, ummmmmm, we have to come up with a new plan for our Christmas centerpiece.
So now I have to go get a cheap tree stand and buy a little tree that will look dumb with my 14 foot ceilings. I prefer to forget the tree this year but the wee ones just don't understand how the Grinch crawled into their momma's soul and sucked the spirit of Christmas right out of her.
So all this while trying to keep this home 'staged' for buyers who aren't coming. Our life is boxed up and stacked in our garage. My kids destroy the house on a daily basis and I am just running around cleaning and 'staging' endlessly. UGH!
I love Christmas... but I'm feelin' a wee bit bah-humbugish right now...
*sigh*
Off to find a tree...

2 comments:

rachel said...

I'd feel a bit Humbugish, too, right now if I had to keep my house staged during the Christmas season. I'm so sorry. What a total pain.
Good luck!!

The Hojnackes said...

I know the feeling! Our tree is packed away behind all the stacks of boxes in our garage. I've given up on keeping the house ready to show since no one has come by in so long. I'm just not feeling this season. Its kinda sad. :(