We would NEVER see so many gorgeous trees here or a rainbow.
The kiddos finished school this last week and we have had an "Excessive Heat Warning" posted for our area... that is desert talk for over 100 degree temps. So I choose to keep my kiddos inside and wait for the sun to slip behind the mountains to let them outside to play or go to the water park. Trust me the water park at night feels just fine when it is still over 100 degrees without the sun beating on you. We have filled our days with a couple videos, the Tank is obsessed with watching Taylor Swift on YouTube (I've only let him watch a few), coloring, writing stories, reading reading reading and playing with toys. Oh and they have squeezed arguing and fighting into their packed schedules as well. :o)
Fan-C and the Tank have both come to me (one at a time) and asked me if they could go home to Oregon. I told them they should click their heals together three times and say, "There's no place light home..." They've tried. I then told Fan-C she needs to find a rainbow and make a wish on it and then she can go home to Oregon. (I know, mean joke. There isn't even one cloud in the desert sky let along moisture to make a rainbow... I'm a mean momma) I am getting them excited for our Oregon visit in 2 1/2 weeks. Fan-C said she is planning on hiding under her cousin Tiana's bed and that way we will drive away and she can stay in Oregon.
Hmmmmm... I wonder if I will fit under that bed too?!?


No comments:
Post a Comment