This is our loot. Well, most of it. We also got two more pumpkins while we were heading out to pay for our pile. One was my awesome Cinderella Fairytale pumpkin that is gracing my table as our harvest centerpiece. But any who.... We paid a LOAD of money for pumpkins here in big ole Texas. Each of the ducklings chose one to carve and I chose two to bake and one to display. Mr. Lancings also chose one to carve... So I get into my baking mode... gotta make my "liquid gold". I love love love LOVE pumpkin pulp. Only way to bake pumpkin pie... real pumpkin pie. Sheesh, sidetracked again... back to baking mode... I open up the pumpkins. My two perfectly round awesome bakers... ummmm....
One: half of the pumpkin was rotten. Like moldy slimy rotten. *sigh* I still baked down the good half.
Two: full of VINES! VINES!!!! It was growing baby pumpkins inside. It was a pregnant momma pumpkin... but that meant = NO PULP! Figures, even my pumpkins can give birth... kinda funny for this barren woman.
Soooooo..... I grab Mr. Lancings carving pumpkin that he never did get around to carving and cross my fingers and BAMMO... I hit the mother-load. Thick meaty pumpkin... I'm so grateful he never got around to carving that beauty.
My freezer shelves are now lined with bags of liquid gold beauty. It truly is a beautiful thing. Not impressed with the quality of Texas pumpkins but I'm not gonna complain too much... at least I get to still have fresh REAL pumpkin pie.
Oregon fam... cherish the pumpkins ya'll have... the rain makes them meaty and yummy.

2 comments:
So ironic that you get the prego pumpkin. nice!
I noticed the same thing about texes pumpkins. I had a hard time even finding a pumpkin patch around San Antonio!
I am glad you had something work out. What a bummer. I hate when you spend lots of money on something and it is not what you expected.
Post a Comment