this is how she looked most of the time... (1st time on skates)
The Zoo Crew was invited to a birthday party at a local skating rink. Fan-C informed us that she was going to do great and didn't need any help. She already knew how to skate. She had never had skates on in her life. She got her skates on, informed her daddy that she didn't need him to hold her hand and BOOM! She was sitting on the floor. Fan-C became one with the floor the majority of the time. She even got to the point where she was crawling on the carpet to get from place to place.
The Tank got on his skates and grabbed mommaduck's hand and off he went. He kept his balance really well. He took small steps and coupled with the fact that he weighs nothing... he did fine on the skates. He got tired really fast and when I suggested that he could take off the skates for a "break" ~ he took me up on that and that was it for his skating experience. He ran around in his stocking feet and still had a great time. He requested a song and belted it out with the crowd. "Sweet Escape" ~ Tank refers to it as the "WooHoo Song".
Tiny-T is only two, so we didn't even attempt skates on her. Daddyduck and I figured we each already had to hold up a duckling a piece, so she just hung around with her daddy. She was loving her glow-stick. They had the lights off a lot of the time so she really could see her necklace. She is all girl, 'have accessories ~ will travel'.
Daddyduck and I were tired! My arms felt BUFF, holding up falling ducklings is a workout. We had a great time, tons of laughs at mommaduck's siblings expense. They all thought they could skate like they could twenty years ago... they soon discovered that it is not quite like 'riding a bike'. The Zoo Crew had fun and Fan-C wants to go AGAIN!

3 comments:
I was browsing through the blogs and came to yours and had to comment on the skating. We are having my daughters 5th birthday party at a skating rink. She has been skating since she was about 3 and loves every minute of it.
It is good to see that roller skating is still a blast.
Sounds like a lot of laughs! We took the kids & O'Brien cousins Ice-Skating on Christmas Eve. What an experience!!! Danika on a single blade with no balance made for quite a sore back. Let's make it a tradition!
I just read all of your comments so far. I can so relate!!! I love hearing the stories of the kids and how they reacted to certain things. I just love their cheesy smiles. Keep up the wonderful job you two!
Post a Comment