Sunday, August 24, 2008

Olympics and Bakin' are Over...

These are zucchini/banana bread and zucchini chocolate chip cookies. Oh Yeah! I'm am loading these puppies with tons of good stuff.... apple sauce instead of oil, brown sugar instead of white and my ducklings are eating them up like crazy! I love zucchini and my little sis is keeping me well stocked. I have been baking like a crazy woman since the Olympics began. My Kitchen-aid mixer is getting some major miles put on it. I just can't watch the games, I have to keep busy. I am convinced that I have power over the outcome of some events. I can't watch the gymnasts do their events directly. The TV is on, I am baking and when they stick their perfect landing I cheer and am excited. BUT, I just know if I were to sit and watch, then the poor girls would fall or miss a grab or step out of the line... I can't take the pressure~

I just watched closing ceremonies so now I will be blogging again and trying to get back into 'normal' life. I noticed that a lot of my friends and fam have been nonbloggers as of late... the Olympics is a seductive temptress.

2 comments:

Mom of 2 in the Couve said...

YUM! I will have to try the cookies. At least make them semi healthy.

Anonymous said...

ooooh yummy can I have the recipie? These are yummy.

Oh and yes, our family has fallen victim to watching the olympics. it does kinda suck you in :)