Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Isn't HE so lovely...

So, I'm running around on Sunday (like most Sunday mornings) trying to get myself ready, dress three children, keep them clean and dressed until we can make it out the door, feed them sometime in between all this fun, pack the 'activity' bag for Sacrament, grab my scriptures, put my phone on vibrate (so I don't disturb anyone at church~since I already have children to do that) and maybe grab a granola bar to stuff down so I don't get that icky "I didn't eat anything feeling" while at church. During all this Lance is trying to find some things he can help me with. I have him check a couple of things and then he starts loading all the bags into the truck. We are running around to leave at least 20 minutes before the meeting so that we can get our VERY back row, left corner chairs. (This spot minimizes the noise level my ducklings inflict upon the ward.) So, Lance has all bags now loaded and starts on the loading of the ducklings. I do my usual call out to him to check if he is ready... yes, I must still do a check list even with him. It amazes me how every week during this check list he has missed one or two things and yet, he only had to dress and prep himself. (hmmmmmmmmmm) So, I run into the bedroom to grab my purse and I look up and see this:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

He claims that he was wearing it all morning. (at least an hour) I did not see it at all. He wasn't one I had to dress or do his hair... so I just didn't notice that my husband had dressed "pretty" that morning. He then went into a fake, "You don't look at me..." thing. Fan-C had stuck it on his head and he left it to see if I would notice. *Sigh* Sorry, I guess that is one I will have to add to the 'Sunday check-off' list -"wallet, phone, silenced, keys, pretty pink hats removed...."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

soooo funny! I have a check list for sunday too. Most Sundays i start getting things ready Saturday night, yet I still am trying to get things goingon Sunday. Our ward just moved to 10 am so it might be easier now. Or more of an effort to get things done quickly. So far, I haven't spotted Dustin wearing any pink hats. There was a Sunday Ry wore his hair spiked with blue hair gel from halloween! THAT was interesting!

rachel said...

I hate the mad Sunday morning rush to the car/do we have everything CRAZE! And we switch to 9am this Sunday. Oh gads. It's going to be very interesting...

Sally F said...

So sad he took that off--I would have seen it this last Sunday! Good to see you--even if it was just a wave hello!

LeaAnne said...

lol
We have a similar story at our house.. lol
Ahh Husbands:) gotta Love them!!

fun picture!;0)

Randi said...

Ha ha ha! That's totally something my husband would do. Ugh... church is 9 am on Sunday. That means 6:30 am wake up or we miss the sacrament. *sigh*