Monday, February 9, 2009

But, you said....

While growing up, I remember my mother telling me that she hoped I got a kid just like me ~ something about 'pay-back'. I was a GREAT teenager... so hopefully that part will come true. But, my mother said I was HORRIBLE at nine years old. Fan-C is just very smart and ahead of the game on so many levels and I think she is heading into that world of the 'nine~isms' even at the age of six.
She asks TONS of questions and very eager to learn and willing to try ANYTHING (that can be good and bad). She posses one feature that I had and I remember my mother telling me drove her nuts... she is constantly saying, "But, you said... (fill in the blank)!" No, she doesn't just SAY this phrase she is always whining when she pulls out this phrase. Ugh... I don't like any conversation with her that begins with this phrase. She remembers EVERYTHING. I'm having to remind Lance that you can't just tell her something to 'pacify' her, she will never forget and trust me you are gonna have to 'pay up' one day.
Now, I do use her steel trap brain to my advantage sometimes too. She will try to conveniently forget all the things that don't quite fit with her ideal world and it takes her momma who posses the same 'gift' to help bring it back to her remembrance. I love her so much... she is a great gal and I am proud to be her momma. Remember that Fan-C~~~~

1 comment:

Mom of 2 in the Couve said...

She reminds me of Trinity. If I go to the store and she wants something I normally say next time or not this time. She remembers what store it was and wants to go there again. "You said next time we are at Target we could buy..."