Monday, February 9, 2009

Ummm, Momma the crocodile misses me...

So, the Tank walks up to me and starts chatting about how much fun he had at the zoo last time (Fall 2007) and reviewing all the animals that he saw. I was half listening to him. When he starts his animal discussions they can be very lengthy and I just tune him out and say "Yeah, uh huh, and cool" in the appropriate pauses. So at a pause I say, "Uh huh" and he yells "(Fan-C) we are going to the zoo!!!!" This pulls me out of my zone and I immediately call him back over and ask why he is yelling out such a thing... he tells me that I just agreed to take them this Saturday. Ummmmm, my 'only-half-listen-fill-in-response' method did not work for me here. I tell him that we can't go this Saturday and explain that I didn't know what I was agreeing to and he just pulls out his sad puppy dog face and says, "Ummmm, momma... the crocodile misses me." Sheesh, how can I disappoint the Tank and the crocodile... I tell him that a zoo trip will be in our near future... which he then starts trying to nail down an exact date. Heaven help me... this child is gonna ask every day until we go... I better pull out the calendar and just schedule a date.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

lol! Have fin at the zoo! :)

The Dawg Pound said...

Oh how I've been there myself, they really spring it on you...have fun at the zoo.