Sunday, August 16, 2009

Scandinavian Festival 2009

We took the ducklings out to
Junction City
for the annual
Scandi-Fest.
I personally think it should just be called our annual Lovin' Oven run. The Lovin' Oven sell Swedish Meat Pies and OH MY HECK they are THAT good. Yummy enough to drive 25 miles (on way) to get once a year. The ducklings looked around and said, "we want to go on rides". I laughed and said this is a festival not a fair. You eat great food and look at crafts ~ there are no rides. Yet right next to the "four mile line" waiting for the Lovin' Oven was a rock climbing wall and they all wanted to take a crack at it. So we signed the appropriate 'waivers' and got them harnessed up and off they went.
This is my niece... she actually climbed up twice - to the top each time - no fear & super FAST.
Fan-C scampering up the wall...
Okay, last winter the Tank wanted to climb up on the roof and help Daddyduck string up the lights... I made him wear his helmet ( I know, I know - I was nervous ) he was so excited and not scared.
Fast forward to Scandi-fest... this kid only climbed maybe three feet. 3 FEET! The safety handler asked if he wanted to try again and he said, "Ummmm, NO!" I guess holding on to a ladder is easier then little plastic rocks, eh?!?

We had fun watching them climb. We had our Swedish Meat Pies that were oh so yummy.


Next year I am going to have to stand in line for an Elephant Ear...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like so much fun. I found this recipie for the meat pies you mentioned. I am going to try making them tonight.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?RecipeID=89721&servings=4

Kirsten said...

We missed it this year. : ( I am glad you had such a great time. Love the picks of your monkeys.