Deep in the Heart of VEGAS!
(yes there is a "hidden" message in the color...)
Yes, I sang the song correctly.
We were heading to Dallas. Had our home on the market since November and already packing and searching for homes in the DFW area of Dallas and then Lance and I got called in for a meeting. Lance was given a promotion and a job offer to run their Las Vegas office. He accepted. 6:30pm that night we had an offer in on our home (finally!) and less than two weeks later we were sitting in Vegas looking for a rental. Super crazy fast.
We drove to Vegas in ONE DAY! The Tank would have NEVER gotten back in the car for day two so we just buckled down and drove. Lance drove a moving truck, I drove our Expedition and my little brother, Charlie drove the F-150. We flew him back to Eugene the next morning. We were in a hotel room near Lance's work for three nights ... we found a rental on Monday, signed on Tuesday and within ten minutes of signing I was at the elementary school enrolling the two kiddos up to start school on Wednesday.
We unloaded the moving truck and returned it. Set up beds and settled in to live a week with beds and our clothes. Everything else is in the POD.
The POD delivers this morning but I won't be unpacking most of it. Living with the basics. We are looking for a home and need to keep things packed to ensure a quick move AGAIN. Hmmmm, once I find HOME. That is it!!!! This move has been tough on me physically. My right knee is done... between packing, loading, cleaning, driving for 16 HOURS and then our rental is two story... the knee is done and keeps telling me so.
Fan-C says she LOVES Vegas... it has M&M World (going tomorrow) and a new best friend, Elle.
The Tank wants to go "home" to Springfield... he misses his teacher, Ms. Ferrenburg and his cousin Autzen.
Tiny-T is oblivious to it all and loves to say "Las Vegas" all the time. She will hear "Las Vegas" or "Nevada" said on the radio and she will point out that they just said her home.
We miss Oregon so much. (I do... all this brown and desert is YUCKY)
We miss our family and ward.
We are grateful for this new opportunity for Lance to grow in the company and if that means being banished to the desert, then so be it.
Soooooo, if you wanna stop by and see us on your way to play the slots... give us a call.
Y'all are always welcome!!!!

3 comments:
Hey, you're in Harry Reid territory. Be sure and vote that clown out of office in November k? I'm sad that you're gone...we're having a "tea Party" on April 15 and you won't be there with your signs:( I have a cousin that lives in Las Vegas and she just loves it there. I think the love of desert and brown is an acquired taste though. Hang in there...the Lord must have big plans for you guys in Vegas!
So glad to hear that you're getting settled in. I'm sorry that it's yucky brown there. Good luck finding your forever house!
Wow, that was fast. I am glad you are liking it. When we are in Vegas we will have to look you up.
Post a Comment