VSA : Vegas Strip Adventures...
Our "adventure" started a week ago. We planned to take the kids to M&M World and showed them pics of the place online to help 'sell' the idea of moving to Vegas. Our kids were focused and wanted to go the second we rolled into town. Fan-C even asked if we could unload the truck and then go to MMW... ummmm, NO!
We tried to take them last Tuesday and we got caught in an appointment to go check out houses and it got too late... so then we tried Thursday. We drove through downtown AT RUSH HOUR on the I-15 and finally got to a parking garage. The sign said $3 PAY IN ADVANCE. Oh, then in a different spot, CASH ONLY. So I scrounge around in my bag and pull out 2 $1 bills and ten dimes. Great! Pull up to the attendant and handed him the dollar bills first and then hold out the dimes and he says, "No Coins" and points to a sign on the booth. My kids are freakin' out... he stops traffic and makes me back up and LEAVE. The kids cried, I cried... ugh. Our VSAs were not starting off very well.
So, I went to the ATM this morning and secured CASH. I broke the bills so that I would have dollar bills... I wasn't giving this guy any room to refuse us again. We drove downtown, NOT on the freeway this time, much better and got to the parking garage. Handed him (the same lovely gentleman who obviously has NO children) the cash and he raised the gate... the kids all let out a yell and started saying "YES!!!". Victory! We made it through the parking gate.
I had Lance hold the girl's hands and I grabbed the Tank. I wanted Lance to have his "hands full" so that the lovely 'card flickers' couldn't shove anything into his already filled hands. I was waiting for one of them to approach Lance... mommaduck would have unloaded on them. None of them approached him. Thank you~~~
The following pics are of our adventure. Of course, they are out of order... but whatever.
.
.
ONLY my kids would go to M&M World and walk out with Skittles. I know... it must be a Stanley thing cuz the Hopkins side would have loaded up with chocolate!



The Tank stood next to every M&M and wanted a pic...
Here he is cozying up to the Green...
This was his third try to get by a yellow.

Helping the RED advertise his NASCAR M&Ms....

Helping the RED advertise his NASCAR M&Ms....
I did get her pose for a second....


Lance posing with the kiddos outside the photo booth that they wanted $5 a pic for... ummmm, NO! Line up, I'll take my own...
MMW is four stories tall ... on our last trip down, the Tank refused to use the escalator so we all piled into the elevator.

The Zoo Crew in front of the Wall o' M&Ms...

This was supposed to be my FIRST pic...

The Zoo Crew with the NASCAR... Fan-C missed the sign about not climbing up and I had to pull her off the car, twice!
Car minus the Zoo Crew...

So, there you have it... VSA #1 down in the books. The kids loved it. Going on a Monday was AWESOME. Hardly any traffic, not a lot of tourists and it made for a great FHE activity.

The Zoo Crew in front of the Wall o' M&Ms...

This was supposed to be my FIRST pic...

The Zoo Crew with the NASCAR... Fan-C missed the sign about not climbing up and I had to pull her off the car, twice!
Car minus the Zoo Crew...
So, there you have it... VSA #1 down in the books. The kids loved it. Going on a Monday was AWESOME. Hardly any traffic, not a lot of tourists and it made for a great FHE activity.
P.S. Yes, that would my kiddos in SHORTS on April 19th. This is the Spring attire for Vegas, it was 86 degrees today. Ahhhhh, crap!
.
I had my eyes open for Reba and Carrie Underwood... they just had the CMAs last night... but no luck...





4 comments:
oh how fun!!!! M&M world sounds like alot of fun for everyone.
Glad to see you settling in to vegas. makes you practically neighbors : )
I HAVE to go there!!! Looks like tons of fun. And, YUM!
What a fun place. I didn't even know MnM world existed! Sounds like life has turned up the heat for you over there, stay cool!
That place is right up my alley!!!Yumm!
Post a Comment