I had to teach my crew how to chew gum today.
Yes, they are 8, 7 & 5 and they have never had gum before.
I'm a mother that does not promote teaching children how to use scissors or allow access to them.
I'm a mother that does not promote pets... I clean up after three (animals), that's enough.
(They can play with cows and chickens at the farm)
I'm a mother that does not like gum. I don't want to find it in hair, on clothes, on furniture, in my carpet... you get the picture.
Are my children deprived because they don't get gum? Maybe.
But my gum free furniture, car seats, carpets and clothes beg to differ.
The verdict:
The Tank did NOT like it. He will be using dum-dums to suck on and hopefully that will help his ears while flying.
Fan-C & Tiny-T thought chewing gum made them look "cool".
They only chewed it for about 20 minutes and then one by one they each came to me and asked if they could spit it out.
Hmmmmm.... see they weren't really missing anything.

2 comments:
I am so with you on ALL of those rules. They are set in stone rules in my house too :)
Hi. My name is Sara and I live in Pleasant Grove, UT. I came across your blog tonight while I was blog stalking. I just love this post. You are a mom after my own heart. I do not allow gum or scissors. :) But my lists of "you'll have to learn at school" also include paint and markers. I am a mess FREAK! I like your blog a lot. :)
Post a Comment