Wednesday, July 2, 2008

This is the box that Lance built...

This is my dad's trailer.
Lance built the side rails so that we could haul things to Sunriver.
I am the engineer of said side rails....
.

Note the inside hinges, holding an end cap and a length of the side together.
Hence no screwing and unscrewing the boards to install....

The non-hinged side is latched to the opposite boards...
Making a tight box when on the trailer and making compact storage when they are removed...

No additional tools needed.

Lance and I had a HEATED 'discussion' about how he was going to build this "box".

I didn't want him building it in such a way that he would have to be screwing or unscrewing every time... breaks down the integrity of the wood. I don't want to keep having to buy more wood. I drew up plans, showed him pics of hinges on-line and he took my 'blueprints' to Jerry's and came home and voila~

1 comment:

Mom of 2 in the Couve said...

I love being able to look at something and say "wouldn't it be a better idea to do ... instead" and having the person I am talking to go "duh, why didn't I think of that"

(happens all the time at work)