Thursday, May 21, 2009

Memorial Day~

(This was taken of my brother at the local "Tea Party"... but I love that he is holding our flag so proudly...)

Memorial Day is fast approaching and I was reflecting on what we have done to celebrate it. I am staring at our trailer parked out front, which I will be loading all day long. Many celebrate it with the first major camping trip of the season. Sort of a summer-kick-off. We load up and head to the coast to camp and spend time together as a family. I don't think I have ever talked to my kiddos about the holiday and what it means to our country. This is going to change this year. My kiddos need to understand that these freedoms we enjoy don't come free. Many have paid and do pay the price for us to live in this country and enjoy all that we have.

Thank you soldiers (past and present), thank you families of soldiers and thank you to all that have died in the line of duty ~ protecting all that we hold dear.

Happy Memorial Day!

We will not forget...



No comments: