I don't remember anyone being 'adopted' when I was a little kid. I'm positive they were there but adoption didn't have the openness and positive attachment that goes with it now. My children KNOW they are adopted. They KNOW why they are with us (as much as little ones can understand ~ full disclosure comes later). They also know that their father is adopted and that some of their cousins (on both sides) are adopted. We love adoption in our families. We are grateful to be carrying on a legacy that embraces the blessing of adoption. Adoption made me a mother...
Writing these posts has stirred up some emotions and 'demons'... the "I" word. Infertility is an ugly monster in my life. But I want to keep these focused on Adoption and keep them positive. I just don't want you to imagine that my life is super blissful and I am dancing through meadows of tulips either. The blessings are fabulous but the crud still creeps in and wields it's ugly head every once in a while. It used to be daily... but adoption and time have healed some of the gaping wounds.
Adoption is amazing... it has blessed us beyond measure.

No comments:
Post a Comment