Monday, July 14, 2008

Future Sister Fan-C

Lance and I taught Fan-C's primary class a couple weeks ago.
We taught about Ammon's mission among the Lamanites and made tags for each of the kids. Then they drew pictures of themselves as missionaries and I sent the drawings with real pics to a sister serving from our ward.
Fan-C has always said that she wants to serve. We encourage it and talk about it in a 'when' form and not an 'if'. They have piggy banks that Fan-C is always trying to gain 'access' to, I just keep reminding her that the money is going toward her mission, education & wedding. She then asks how much everything costs, in case she has saved 'extra' at this point. I tell her that she will be saving for a long time but will feel awesome when she can pay for her own mission, education and wedding. At five, she is NOT convinced that happiness will accompany any of this mass savings event... she wants a new My Little Pony - TODAY!

5 comments:

Stefany said...

I just happened upon your blog and your sweet family. Thanks for letting me stop in.

LeaAnne said...

We have that same conversation all the time! lol Boy Rune sure need to stop *wanting* everything he sees..lol

Ok, the kids do it too! but rune is the worst offender! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ry is that way too. he just can't seme to save any of his allowence. we have started an "automatic savings account" mening he sees the money, then half goes into his piggy bank to save.
what a neat spirit Fran-C has to want to serve!

The Dawg Pound said...

I hear ya fan-c. My little pony's are much more fun than weddings and college, sorry momma duck.

Megan and Greg said...

Steph- since I'm not going to see you. There's another stylist at my salon, who is also named Megan and she is awesome! However, she does smoke so if the smell bothers you, I would see Jennifer or Cameron. Either would be fine. I'm leaving all my color cards there when I leave so they can pick up where I left off. Or if you wanted to try a new salon you could just call and pick up the card, I'm sure (to give to your new stylist). Glad all is well. Your kids are cute!