Monday, October 13, 2008

FHE ~ Rainbow Cakes...

I was visiting my friend JJ's blog yesterday and saw a video blog she did of baking a cake with her little neighbor guy, Alexander. My ducklings were watching it with me and thought that making a cake would be SO FUN! So, I assisted the Tank with making six mini-bundt cakes that we decorated at FHE tonight. Here is some pictures from the night. Thanks JJ, it was a really fun activity!
All the colors of frosting and the yummy toppings... thank you Winco bulk foods.

The Tank decided he didn't like the gummy worms so daddy ate them for him...
Mommaduck's creation...
Daddyduck says it is a self-portrait...
Tiny-T choose the colors for her shirt, NOT for the huskies...
The Tank was so proud of making the cakes and then assembling his own worm-world...
Fan-C is in LOVE with Rachel Ray's morning cooking show and she kept telling us what she was doing with her cake step-by-step, just like Rachel does while she is cooking. Too cute!



13 comments:

Rachel said...

Very cute cakes! Looks like you had a lot of fun! :)

Terase said...

What a great idea! The kids all look like they had a wonderful time...ALL 5! lol
Hugs, Auntie T

LeaAnne said...

I love JJ's blog too!
I think we will give this one a try as well. Cute pictures!

Sally F said...

Looks like we just swapped FHE activities! Gotta love the internet!

Mrs Smith said...

What fun and what a great idea. I just might have to this with my kids.

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

Your cakes turned out GREAT! Love the photos!
JJ

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! I might just have to "borrow" this one.
the cakes turned out so cute!

rachel said...

HELLO! I just saw you were added as a follower on my blog. Awesome!
I'm following you, too. ;)

Desiree said...

Mmmmm, looks good. I can't have cake in my house because I eat it!!! Makes me wanna have some, what a fun FHE.

Desiree said...

Love all the candy decorations too, yours looks so nicely organized Stephanie.

Stephanie said...

Isn't it sad that I can't do anything willy-nilly. I have to be all organized. This is a great talent to have but, it can be a burden too... ask my husband! Hee hee... I just couldn't bring myself to make my cake all crazy. My ducklings are full of color... I am 'plain'... hee hee. Oh, well. They tasted soooo yummy.

Calli said...

How fun! We'll have to try it! It would take planning though, which I am not very good at doing for FHE!

Kelli W. said...

I saw this on JJ's blog too and loved it! I love that you made individual mini cakes for each child to decorate how they wanted. I thought your cake was awesome! Mine would have been all neat too. We must have that in common.