Sunday, October 26, 2008

This too will end, right?!?

When Fan-C turned three years old, oh my goodness, she became this little person that tried to 'rule' our home. I referred to her as a terrorist. Someone trying to force their will on our family. She turned four and I had my sweet cute girl back. Really, like a light switch, my Fan-C girl was back.
The Tank turned three and he too took off into the land of trying to become the new and improved terrorist of our family. I endured the year with a lot of prayer, Cherry Pepsi and the calendar countdown to his fourth birthday. His birthday came and went... the light switch never flipped. He is still STUCK in this mode. Bringing us to today...
Stake Conference. I love Stake Conference. I love the messages, seeing old friends and getting to catch up with everyone and see how big their little ones are getting. I got to see the opening prayer, the opening song, stake business and then the satellite feed began and that was it. The Tank freaked out and I left to a classroom with him to help him become reverent again. Once he was ready we went back in where he proceeded to flip out again. I grabbed his coat, my scriptures and purse and headed for the truck. I stuffed him into Tiny-T's toddler car seat which was a challenge since he was trying to crawl out the whole time I'm trying to adjust the straps to get him in. I chose this car seat because he can't reach the seat belt release and would be stuck in it. Now, this whole incident involves him flailing around and SCREAMING at the top of his very powerful lungs. The poor neighbors to our Stake Center probably thought a cat was being skinned alive. So no message, no visiting with people and a four year old screaming at me for two hours while I played 'soothing' piano music and tried to read my scriptures. The light switch will go off right?!? He will morph back into my cute little man again one day, right?!?
(Please note that my little Tiny-T turned three during this time also. She, staying true to course, has taken on her role as the newest terrorist... so I have TWO right now... and Lance wonders why I am literally going gray overnight...)

Yeah, don't let the innocent smile fool you...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

My understanding is that there is teething, then there’s the terrible threes. Ryan was a MONSTER at three, but he is back to the sweet good natured kid we love, and it happened around the lovely age of eight. So yes, this too shall pass. Hang in there! It gets better.

Mom of 2 in the Couve said...

Hmmm... in the last week Nicholas has tried to flush hair pretties, a whole roll of toilet paper and tampons (he unwrapped them first of course) down the toilet.

The countdown to 4 has begun with fingers crossed.

rachel said...

Heaven help us all! My little guy turns 3 in just over a week. Oh dear... here we go!
Good luck with your little man. I hope that switch is flipped SOON.

Mrs Smith said...

Cody went through that for a very long time and Dylan is still there at times. I do think that it does get better with age, but then they become teenagers (so I hear). I can't wait for those days.

Desiree said...

That's why I didn't see you, I was hoping to. Caught mine rubbing lotion all over the mirror today, aaaghh. I still have to clean that. Can I have one of those switches too?

Terase said...

Hey! Your Mom and I are proof that you DO survive this ... and with most of our hair.

It can only get better!

Love Auntie T

LeaAnne said...

lol
I did not hear a thing either...As soon as the lights went dim, it became time to stand and make noise.. Now there was no crying or screaming just crazy talking..

I almost did not go as I did not want to feel resentment..lol

Oh well I am just going to think of that as special 2 hours we (Lilly&I) were able to spend together! lol

I feel you..And she is not even 3 till January~

Kelli W. said...

Me too! This was my exact stake conference experience! As soon as the lights went out Ryan started yelling "NO WATCH MOVIE!! ME GO HOME NOW!! I had to take him out with Zachy following and I held him on my lap in a empty room for 20 minutes with him crying and trying to escape my grip the whole time. Finally Pete came and found me and gave me the car keys to take him home. So when and where is that switch?

the splendid life of us... said...

So that is where you went. Thank you for the warning about 3 year olds. I will be expecting that in two years then. It was fun to get to see your beutiful self and your cute little ducklings, and to learn their real names!

Shauna said...

What an adorable picture :)

SusieQ said...

Oh, how I can relate!!! I think the hardest part of Hank being called as Bishop is that he can't take Little Guy out during church anymore.